SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2014. SSC invited application for the post of Scientific Assistant in Central Cattle Breeding Farm, Avadi (Alamadhi), Chennai. Visit site for more details.
Advt.No.SR-1/2014 Cat No.SR-02 : Scientific Assistant in Directorate of Plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage.
Classification : General Central Service Group-C (Non- Gazetted, Non- Ministerial).
No. of Vacancies : UR–2 (Two); OBC-1 (One). The post is not identified suitable for OH/HH/VH candidates. Hence, these candidates need not apply. (i.e PH candidates are not eligible.)
Scale of Pay : PB-1 Rs. 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800/-
Initial Place of Posting : Plant Quarantine Station – Cuddalore, Pondicherry & Kakinada with All India Service Liability.
Age Limit : 18-25 years. Upper Age Limit is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC candidates Upto 40 years for Central Govt. Employees with not less than 3 years’ regular and continuous service i.e) upto 40 years for UR+CGE and upto 43 years for OBC+CGE.
Fee payable : Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty only). SC/ST/Female and eligible EX-S are exempted from payment of fees.
Essential Qualification :
B.Sc. with Botany or Zoology or B.Sc. in Agriculture from a recognized University.
Desirable Qualification : NIL.
Job Responsibilities :
1. To carry out and assist in the inspection of plants and plant material meant for export as also the consignments of plant and plant materials received from abroad.
2. To fumigate, treat and assist in fumigation and treatment of plants and plant materials imported from abroad if such treatment becomes necessary on examination of the imported consignments.
3. To assist or carry out the fumigation of plants and plant material meant for export in cases where the importing country insists in fumigation prior to shipment of the consignment.
4. To handle the fumigations and arrange for their storage and upkeep as these are deadly poisonous gases.
5. To look after the proper upkeep and maintenance of fumigation equipment viz., fumigation chamber, electric blowers, applications etc.
How to Apply:
The applications duly filled in ((Please refer to “Guidelines for filling in the Application Form” given separately.) should be submitted to the Southern Regional Office of the Commission on or before 21.04.2014 (Closing date) at the following address:
The Regional Director (SR)
Staff Selection Commission,
2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building,
College Road, Chennai – 600 006.
(In the case of residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad the closing date shall be 28.04.2014)
Applications Received After The Specified Time Of Closing Date Will Not Be Entertained Under Any Circumstances. The Commission will not be responsible for postal delay.