This subject enables the students to make complete drawings of different components using computer software, take prints/plots
1. Introduction to AutoCAD : Starting up, practice on – how to create a new drawing file, setting drawing limits and saving a file, drawing lines in different ways using absolute co-ordinates, user co-ordinates, WCS, UCS, drawing lines, circles, arcs, ellipses, polygons, splines, polylines, zoom commands
2. Practice on Edit commands such as erase, copy, mirror, array, offset, rotate, oops, undo, redo, scale, stretch, trim, break, extend, chamfer, fillet
3. Practice on text commands, single line text, paragraph text, editing text, text size, text styles, changing properties commands
4. Practice on layer commands, creating layer, freeze, layer on/off colour assigning, making a layer, current layer, load line type, lock and unlock layer, move from one layer to other.
5. Practice on Hatching-Hatch pattern selection
6. Practice on dimensioning – linear dimensioning, angular dimensioning radius/diameter dimensioning, O-snap command, aligned dimensioning, editing of dimensioning, tolerances in dimensioning
7. Blocks and X-refs – How to make a block, how to insert a block, using block in any drawing.
8. Practice on print/plot commands. Export/import commands
9. Practice on making complete drawings of components by doing exercises